We accept referrals from members of the Primary Health Care Team (in particular GP’s, District Nurses), Macmillan Nurses, Hospital Doctors & Nursing staff and any health care professionals.
Referrals can be made for any of the following services:
- Inpatient admission (including planned respite care)
- Community Hospice (including Rapid Response, Hospice at Home, Home Care, Volunteer Visitor service)
- Outpatient appointments (including Lymphoedema Clinic and Complementary Therapies)
- Patient and Family Support (social work and counselling)
- Bereavement Care (adults and children)
How to refer
- Electronically: Referrals can be made electronically via SystmOne
- During Office hours: Telephone 01325 254321. A referral can be taken by a member of the Specialist Team, Inpatient Unit Sister or a delegated administrator
- Out of Hours: Telephone 01325 254313 and a referral will be taken by our Inpatient Unit staff who will contact a manager for support in arranging an admission if appropriate
- By post: letter from referrer or by downloading a referral from below
Alternatively contact our Medical Admin Team, Monday-Friday, 8.30am – 4.30pm, who can email you a referral form from our Hospice dedicated NHS email account.
Call 01325 254321 or Email: [email protected]
The Inpatient Unit has a direct line, which is open 24 hours. Call 01325 254 313.
St Teresa’s Hospice provides specialist palliative care for people with progressive, life limiting illnesses which may be malignant or non-malignant. We also support their families, carers and others close to them. Care is delivered by a multi-disciplinary team (doctors, nurses, counsellors, social workers and therapists), who have training in palliative care, which is their core specialty.